Apologies and substitutions.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Courtenay (no substitute), Mr R Tinlin, Ms S Morris (substitute: Ms L Hembrough) and Ms J Totterdell (substitute: Mr N Rothstein)
Declarations of interest.
The following members declared interests:
(a) Councillor Salter - Agenda Items 6 (Performance of 4 hour waiting times) and 8 (7 day services update) - non-pecuniary interest - husband is a consultant surgeon at Southend Hospital.
Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday, 30th January, 2014
That the minutes of the meeting held on 30th January 2014 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 11th February, 2014
That the minutes of the meeting held on 11th February 2014 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Peer Review Recommendations
1. That the proposed response to the Peer Review recommendations and feedback letter (appendix 1 to the report), be endorsed. 2. That a two part action plan be established which observes: (a) Actions appropriate for Strategic Board level focus; and (b) Actions for operational Working Group focus (delegated). 3. That a Board discussion session be held in June or July 2014 to consider the ongoing implications of the Peer Review findings and clarify the collective vision in addressing related challenges and opportunities.
Performance of 4 hour waiting time standard in A&E
1. That the current position and steps being taken to ensure short term improvements be noted. 2. That a further report containing detailed information and performance data from the Urgent Care Working Group be provided to a future meeting of the Board to provide assurances that adequate progress was being made.
Better Care Fund Plan (Final Draft for sign-off)
1. That the final Better Care Fund Plan be endorsed. 2. That authority be delegated to the Chairman, Rob Tinlin, Simon Leftley, Melanie Craig and Paul Husselbee so any necessary additional information may be added prior to the 4th April 2014 submission date.
7 Day Services Update
1. That the Joint Executive Group be responsible for the governance and direction of this programme of work. 2. That a separate group, to be known as the Seven Day Services Implementation Board, be established/formed to direct and monitor the implementation plan for delivering the improvements. 3. That the vision as set out in the report be communicated as widely as possible to the general public, staff, patients and their carers.
Children & Young People's Plan 2014/15
That the draft Children & Young People's Plan 2014/15 be endorsed.
Southend CCG 2 Year Plan
1. That the progress in developing the Operational Plan and Strategic Plan be noted. 2. That the approval of the final draft of the operational plan be delegated to a group comprising the Chair, Cllr Salter, Rob Tinlin, Simon Leftley, Paul Husselbee and Melanie Craig, prior to submission on 4th April 2014.
Learning Disability Self Assessment Framework
That the completed Learning Disability Self Assessment Framework, as it represents a true reflection of Learning Disability Services, be endorsed.
Autism Self-Assessment Framework
That the completed Autism Self Assessment Framework, as it represents a true reflection of autism Services, be endorsed.
Safeguarding Boards / HWB Board Draft Protocol
That the proposed protocol attached at appendix 1 to the report be endorsed.
JHWS Action Plan End of Year Progress & Forward Plan
1. That, working closely with partners, the current Health and Wellbeing Strategy Action Plan be refined to be more focused around delivering the strategy, whilst stimulating increased partnership working. 2. That the 106 sub actions be narrowed down to around 50 focused cross-partner actions. This would interact with and be informed by any action plan formed to address the Peer Review recommendations.
Calendar of Meetings 2014/15
That the meetings of the Board as set out below be agreed: Wednesday 18th June 2014 @ 14.00 Wednesday 3rd September 2014 @ 16.00 Wednesday 3rd December 2014 @ 16.00 Tuesday 10th February 2015 @ 14.00 Wednesday 25th March 2015 @ 14.30