Controlled Parking Zone Policy
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) proposing a new policy in respect of Controlled Parking Zones.
1. That the new policy for Controlled Parking Zones appended to the submitted report, be adopted.
2. That it be noted that the new criteria will not automatically be applied to existing Controlled Parking Zones, until such time as they are subject to a full, comprehensive review.
3. That it be noted that the financial implications of Controlled Parking Zones will vary depending on wider Council decisions on fees and charges, which will be considered on a case by case basis.
Reason for Decision:
This policy will enable the Council to respond effectively and efficiently to challenges associated with competing demands for parking capacity. It is anticipated that a robust policy will help the Council, elected representatives and all road users understand the criteria which must be met for a scheme to be taken forward.
This policy is a non-statutory document; however, its application is regulated by legislation and regulations. The Council could decide to vary some of the criteria set out in this policy. However, further legal consideration would be required to understand the impact.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Sharon Harrington
Publication date: 15/01/2021
Date of decision: 14/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/01/2021
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"