HRA Land Review Phase 4 (Lundy Close)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of Deputy Chief Executive & Executive Director (Growth and Housing) providing an update on the progress of the HRA Land Review Phase (Lundy Close) following the Public Notice for the appropriation of land on the North Site of Lundy Close and set out the next steps for this development for consideration..
1. Thatthe responses received following a Public Notice and the considerations and mitigations in regards to these as detailed in section 3.6-3.14 of the submitted report, be noted.
2. That the development of the north site of Lundy Close for Council Housing based on the conclusion detailed in section 3.15 of the report, be approved.
Reasons for decision:
To provide an update on the progress of the HRA Land Review Phase 4 and to progress the scheme following the responses received to the Public Notice.
1. Not to proceed with the development of the North site, due to the objections raised. However after careful consideration it was felt that the concerns raised to the development were mitigated against. Also if the Council were not to pursue the housing development the long-term benefits of increasing housing supply and reducing homelessness would not be achieved.
2. The Council does not need to pursue delivery of Council housing via the HRA Land Phases Review. However, these approaches are considered important contributions to the aims of the Housing, Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy and of the Southend 2050 ambitions endorsed by the Council.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Gilbert
Report author: Glyn Halksworth
Publication date: 26/02/2021
Date of decision: 23/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 23/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/03/2021
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee"