SEND Peer Review
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Children and Public Health) presenting the findings and recommendations from the Local Government Association (LGA) Independent Peer Review Report into the SEND and Children with Disability (CWD) services and set out the proposed actions to be taken by the local authority to drive the necessary changes in order to improve services to residents and families.
1. That the Local Government Association Independent Peer Review Report, be noted.
2. That the recommendations made by the LGA Peer Review Team, as set out in Appendix 1 to the submitted report, be accepted.
3. That the Implementation Plan in response to the recommendations in the LGA Peer Review, as set out at Appendix two to the report, be approved.
4. That the matter be referred to the People Scrutiny Committee for consideration.
Reasons for decision:
To consider the findings from the Independent Review and endorse the proposed actions in response to the recommendations from the LGA Peer Review Report.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Referred direct to: People Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Burton
Report author: Brin Martin
Publication date: 14/01/2022
Date of decision: 13/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/01/2022
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by the People Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by the People Scrutiny Committee"