Fire Safety Measures following Grenfell Tower Tragedy
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) advising of the action the Council has taken following the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy.
1. That the action taken to date, be noted.
2. That it be noted that a further report will be submitted to Cabinet detailing the outcomes of the first phase of the Fire Safety review being undertaken by the Council, South Essex Homes and Essex Fire & Rescue Service.
3. That it be agreed that there is consideration in the Capital Budget proposals for 2018/19 to fund any necessary remedial work or fire safety improvements that are identified by the review set out in resolution 2 above.
Reason for Decision:
To reassure Members that the Council has reviewed the fire safety management measures across its own property portfolio and that assurance is being sought from other public and private sector building owners that they are also reviewing safety measures.
Note:- This is an Executive function
Eligible for call in to Place Scrutiny Committee
Executive Councillor: Flewitt
Report author: Andrew Lewis
Publication date: 22/09/2017
Date of decision: 19/09/2017
Decided at meeting: 19/09/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/09/2017
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Julian Ware-Lane who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Ian Gilbert who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Martin Terry who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Ron Woodley who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"