Annual Education Report
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of Executive Director (Children and Public Health) presenting the Annual Education Report (AER) 2018/19.
1. That the new digital format for the AER, be approved.
2. That the Annual Education Report, recognising the very positive outcomes for learners across all Key Stages, be approved.
3. That the AER in future years forms part of the normal annual reporting framework.
Reason for Decision
Irrespective of the format of the report, recognition of the very strong performance of Southend Schools should be celebrated. It is hoped that the new AER will allow more people to access their achievements.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: People Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Jones
Report author: Brin Martin
Publication date: 28/02/2020
Date of decision: 25/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 25/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/03/2020
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by People Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by People Scrutiny Committee"