Parking Review Scope
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) setting out an approach and timeline to develop a suite of parking policies using service design principles, which once completed will form a comprehensive parking strategy for the Borough.
During consideration of this matter the Cabinet Member for Transport, Capital and Inward Investment highlighted that, as part of the parking strategy, the potential for additional/more Electric Vehicle (EV) docking/charging stations would be explored.
1. That the approach to develop a parking strategy, be endorsed.
2. That the proposed policy objectives, priorities and timetable for introducing policy measures, be approved.
In line with the Council’s Vision and Aspirations, the approach ensures that the views and needs of our customers, residents and businesses are at the heart of the new service design and parking approach. Furthermore, the new strategy will align not only with their needs and views but enable a future proof for service innovation, climate change and efficiency.
The Council could choose to develop the strategy as a single piece of work but this would delay work which could be progressed at a quicker pace.
Note: This is an Executive function.
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Peter Geraghty
Publication date: 08/11/2019
Date of decision: 05/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/11/2019
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Mark Flewitt who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor David McGlone who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"