Notice of Motion - Kursaal Museum
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Item Called In
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
At the meeting of the Council held on 24th October 2019, Councillors received a Notice of Motion relating to the Kursaal Museum. The motion was proposed by Councillors Jarvis and Cox and supported by 17 other Conservative Councillors (this had been referred to Cabinet in accordance with Standing Order 8.4).
1. That the officers maintain dialogue with the leaseholder and its representatives about their plans for the Kursaal.
2. That the possible opportunities to support evolving plans to enable the building to be let and re-occupied be considered, where appropriate and viable.
3. That it be noted that the current tenant has no plans to sell the leasehold interest at this stage and therefore the suggestions for the Council to purchase the building back for the Prittlewell Prince or any other use are not pursued at this time.
Reason for decision:
To respond to the motion.
The Cabinet could respond to the motion in a different way.
Note: This is an Executive function
Eligible for call-in to: Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Robinson
Publication date: 08/11/2019
Date of decision: 05/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/11/2019 - Cabinet
Issue status: The decision is currently being reconsidered
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Policy & Resources Scrutiny Committee"