Housing and Regeneration Pipeline, Including Acquisitions Programme - Update
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Finance and Resources) and the Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Director (Housing and Growth) providing an update on the work underway on the pipeline of housing and development opportunities across the Borough. The report set out the proposed new arrangements for PSP Southend Limited Liability Partnership (the LLP), including the use of the PSP Housing Model to support housing delivery and support wider benefits.
1. That the progress on the Acquisitions Programme for Council Housing as set out in sections 3.5 – 3.9 of the submitted report, be noted.
2. That the progress of the first phase of housing and development pipeline sites currently in delivery as set out in sections 3.10 – 3.13 of the report, be noted.
3. That it be noted that the new arrangements for the LLP have been settled and the legal work is being completed to establish the new arrangements pursuant to minute 324 of Cabinet 17 September 2019 and Policy and Resources Scrutiny Minute 404 on 10 October 2019.
Reasons for decisions:
1. To provide an update on the progress of the Pipeline of Housing & Development opportunities namely, Phases 3 & 4 HRA infill sites, acquisition programme and LLP developments.
2. To provide an update on the pipeline and regeneration framework.
3. To provide an update on progress in establishing the LLP for the next 10 year period and to enable the new LLP arrangements to be established to provide additional delivery capacity to help the Council meet housing delivery targets.
As set out in the submitted report
Note: The decisions in 1-3 above constitute Executive Functions. The decisions in 4-5 above constitute Council Functions.
Eligible for call-in to: Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Members: Cllr Gilbert and Cllr Woodley
Report author: Glyn Halksworth
Publication date: 28/02/2020
Date of decision: 25/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 25/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/03/2020
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee"