Conservation Area Appraisals
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet considered a report of the Interim Executive Director (Growth and Housing) presenting the Conservation Area Appraisals produced by independent heritage experts, Purcell, for seven of the Borough’s fourteen existing Conservation Areas, following recent public consultation.
That the updated and new Conservation Area Appraisal documents, set out at Appendices 1 to 7 of the submitted report, for the established Conservation Areas at Chapmanslord, Eastern Esplanade, Leigh Old Town, Prittlewell, Shorefields, The Kursaal and Warrior Square, be adopted.
Reason for decision:
The Conservation Area Appraisals produced provide up to date evidence on each Conservation Area and provide a new management plan to help guide appropriate and sympathetic change within the area and highlight opportunities to enhance the character and appearance of these important heritage areas.
Not to adopt the Conservation Area Appraisals for Chapmanslord, Eastern Esplanade, Leigh Old Town, Prittlewell, Shorefields, The Kursaal and Warrior Square. However, this would mean that each of these Conservation Areas does not have an up-to-date Appraisal and Management Plan in place.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Mulroney
Report author: Trevor Saunders
Publication date: 05/11/2021
Date of decision: 02/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 02/11/2021 - Cabinet
- Report of Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Director (Growth & Housing) PDF 230 KB
- Appendix 1: CAA - Chapmanslord PDF 19 MB
- Appendix 2: CAA - Eastern Esplanade PDF 5 MB
- Appendix 3: CAA - Leigh Old Town PDF 9 MB
- Appendix 4: CAA - Prittlewell PDF 9 MB
- Appendix 5: CAA - Shorefields PDF 8 MB
- Appendix 6: CAA - Kursaal PDF 6 MB
- Appendix 7: CAA - Warrior Square PDF 14 MB
- Appendix 8: Summary of Consultation Feedback PDF 171 KB