Parking Policy Statement
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) setting out the short-term aspirations for the service through a Traffic and Parking Policy Statement. This report follows the Parking Review 2020 report approved by Cabinet in June 2020.
1. That the adoption of the Traffic & Parking Policy Statement as set out in Appendix 1 to the submitted report be approved and that Officers be directed to implement the commitments as described.
2. That the Traffic Regulation Working Party undertakes a review of the decision making processes, and takes on the project board role in respect of the Parking Review.
To amend any of the priorities and commitments described in the Traffic & Parking Policy Statement or reject it.
Reasons for recommendations
1. To help deliver on the Council priorities, particularly the Southend 2050 vision and RoadMap.
2. In respect of the Traffic Regulation Working Party, the proposals are designed to ensure councillors have adequate oversight of the service, and to delegate business as usual decisions to officers, improving the service to customers.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Sharon Harrington
Publication date: 31/07/2020
Date of decision: 28/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 28/07/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/08/2020
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"