Report from the Association of South Essex Local Authorities (ASELA)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet considered a report of the Chief Executive presenting a report from the Association of South Essex Local Authorities (ASELA) providing an update on progressing the economic agenda for the South Essex region.
The Cabinet fully supports a collaboration with South Essex Authorities to deliver regeneration across South Essex and
1. Notes ASELA’s intention to immediately engage with Central Government ahead of the autumn Spending Review, regarding the economic agenda for the South Essex region, how it can deliver new jobs, new transport infrastructure, new homes and better outcomes for its existing and new residents and businesses (as set out in the ‘Growth and Recovery Prospectus 2020’ at Enclosure No. 2) as a starting point for those negotiations;
2. Rejects the conclusion of the ‘Review of Governance in South Essex’ (Enclosure No. 3) and confirms that this Cabinet
4. Notes that a further report will be presented later in the calendar year to provide an update on the outcome of the negotiations with Central Government.
Reasons for recommendation:
To provide an update on progress.
To note the ASELA update report without any comments.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Any future significant decisions regarding governance/joint working would constitute a Council function.
Referred direct to Special Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Gilbert
Report author: Alison Griffin
Publication date: 22/07/2020
Date of decision: 22/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 22/07/2020 - Cabinet
- 20 07 22- Cabinet report of Exec Director Legal & Dem Services - ASELA PDF 72 KB
- Appendix 1 - ASELA Update Report Final 14 07 20 PDF 132 KB
- Enclosure 1 to App 1 - ASELA Mem of Understanding PDF 417 KB
- Enclosure 2 to App 1 - ASELA Growth and Recovery Prospectus 13 July 2020 PDF 10 MB
- Enclosure 3 to App 1 - SI Governance Review Report draft FINAL_ PDF 237 KB