Domestic Vehicle Crossing Policy
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) concerning the adoption of a new Domestic Vehicle Crossing Policy.
1. That the new policy for Domestic Vehicle Crossings appended to the submitted report, be adopted.
2. That it be noted that new enforcement activity will begin once the establishment of the new Highway Enforcement Team is completed.
3. That it be noted that this policy will be utilised by the Traffic Regulations Working Party in its considerations of appeals to rejected applications, as set out in the Council’s Constitution.
Reason for Decision:
This policy will ensure the Council acts properly in its consideration of applications, and provide a clear, robust set of criteria for potential applicants to consider before submitting an application which will likely require early investment in design and consents.
To decide on an alternative approach, or to do nothing.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Publication date: 15/01/2021
Date of decision: 14/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 14/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/01/2021
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"