DfT Active Travel Fund - Tranche 2 Grant Award
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) concerning the schemes that had been awarded funding by the Department of Transport (DfT) following the Council’s Tranche 2 bid. The consultation/survey results in relation to the schemes would be submitted to the DfT.
1. That the bid to the Department of Transport (DfT) on 20 November 2020 for Tranche 2 funding from the Active Travel Fund for the schemes for which funding in the sum of £741,000 was awarded, be endorsed.
2. That, following discussion at design review stage with the Transport, Capital and Inward Investment Working Party, authority be delegated to the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment), in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport, Asset Management and Inward Investment, to agree the final detailed design options based upon the outline designs submitted to the DfT for Tranche 2 funding.
Reasons for decision:
To provide active travel improvements that further encourage increased walking and cycling activity in the Borough.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Neil Hoskins
Publication date: 14/01/2022
Date of decision: 13/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/01/2022
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Report of Exec Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) PDF 424 KB
- Appendix 1 - DfT Tranche 2 survey analysis PDF 1021 KB
- Appendix 2 - KV2 Brochure PDF 403 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Belton Bridge PDF 111 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Chalkwell Park PDF 95 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Pier PDF 130 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Priory Park PDF 110 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Shoebury PDF 109 KB