20 MPH Neighbourhoods
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) seeking approval for the adoption of 20MPH Neighbourhoods pilot scheme in the following locations:
· Leigh West and Leigh Ward: Area bounded by Hadleigh Road, Rectory Grove, Lymington Avenue, London Road and Salisbury Road;
· Thorpe Ward: (i) Area bounded by Thorpe Hall Avenue, Thorpe Bay Gardens, Maplin Way and Station Road; (ii) On Burges Road, Colbert Avenue and Wyatts Drive; (iii) On Shaftesbury Avenue, Kensington Avenue and Northumberland Crescent.
1. That the proposed scheme for each of the areas detailed above, be taken forward to construction.
2. That authority be delegated to the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment), in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport, Asset Management and Inward Investment, to approve the advertisement of any necessary traffic regulation orders.
3. That the £500,000 grant funded expenditure to implement the 20MPH Neighbourhoods Scheme, be approved.
Reasons for decision:
To support the Council’s 2050 Shared ‘Safe and Well’ Ambition to ensure people in Southend-on-Sea feel safe in all aspects of their lives.
Not to implement the 20MPH Neighbourhoods pilot scheme in the areas detailed above.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Sharon Harrington
Publication date: 14/01/2022
Date of decision: 13/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2022 - Cabinet
- Report of Exec Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) PDF 351 KB
- Appendix A - List of Roads - Leigh Safety Scheme Sep21 - Speed monitoring data PDF 122 KB
- Appendix B - Copy of Thorpe Bay Scheme Sep21 - Speed monitoring data PDF 111 KB
- Appendix C - Leigh 20 Plan Rev A-A1 PDF 886 KB
- Appendix Di - Area 1 PDF 1 MB
- Appendix Dii - Area 2 PDF 1 MB
- Appendix Diii - Area 3 PDF 880 KB