Conservation Area Appraisals
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Growth and Housing) presenting the Conservation Area Appraisals for Clifftown, Leigh, Leigh Cliff, Milton, The Leas and Shoebury Garrison, following a recent period of public consultation.
That the Conservation Area Appraisal documents, set out at Appendices 1 to 6 of the submitted report, for Clifftown, Leigh, Leigh Cliff, Milton, The Leas and Shoebury Garrison, be adopted.
Reason for decision:
Six Conservation Areas have been appraised as part of this work and the Conservation Area Appraisals produced for them provide up to date evidence on each Conservation Area and any issues affecting them. They also provide a new management plan to help guide appropriate and sympathetic change within the area and highlight opportunities to enhance the character and appearance of these important heritage areas.
Not to adopt the Conservation Area Appraisals for Clifftown, Leigh, Leigh Cliff, Milton, The Leas and Shoebury Garrison. However, this would mean that each of these Conservation Areas does not have an up-to-date Appraisal and Management Plan in place.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Mulroney
Publication date: 14/01/2022
Date of decision: 13/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 13/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/01/2022
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Report of Exec Director (Neighbourhoods and Envt) PDF 242 KB
- Appendix 7 - Summary of Consultation Feedback PDF 490 KB
- 15 - App 1 Southend CAA Clifftown PDF 19 MB
- 15 - App 2 Southend CAA Leigh PDF 15 MB
- 15 - App 3 Southend CAA Leigh Cliff PDF 12 MB
- 15 - App 4 Southend CAA Milton PDF 19 MB
- 15 - App 5 Southend CAA Shoebury Garrison PDF 54 MB
- 15 - App 6 Southend CAA The Leas PDF 14 MB