Southend Central Area Transport Scheme
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of Executive Director for (Neighbourhoods and Environment) providing an update on the progress of the ‘Southend Central Area Transport Scheme (S-CATS).
1. That the proposed design options for Phase 3 London Road and Victoria Circus be endorsed and that either of the two options may be taken forward to construction.
2. That delegated authority be given to the Chief Executive and Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and the Environment), in consultation with the Leader of the Council, to agree the final detailed design option based upon the Option 1 preliminary design.
(This confirmation will allow the selected option to be taken forward to implementation with a programmed commencement in Spring 2020 as proposed with key stakeholders prior to the production of the report, together with the advertisement of any necessary Traffic Regulation Orders.)
Reasons for Decision
High quality public realm enhancements will create spaces within the Town Centre to attract more people to the area, encourage activities in the public spaces and revitalise the commercial areas.
This scheme is a critical element of a wider improvement to support planned growth in the Southend Central Area.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Neil Hoskins
Publication date: 28/02/2020
Date of decision: 25/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 25/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/03/2020
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by Place Scrutiny Committee"
- 5 - - Report - S CATS PDF 112 KB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 1 PDF 1 MB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 2 PDF 142 KB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 3 - Option 1 PDF 2 MB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 3 - Option 2 PDF 2 MB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 4 - Scheme Evaulation Matrix PDF 203 KB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 5 - Questionaire Summary - FINAL COPY PDF 861 KB
- 5 - S CATS - Appendix 6 - Southend-Central-Area-Action-Plan-transport-Business-Case PDF 4 MB