Annual Comments, Compliments and Complaints Report
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Chief Executive providing performance information about comments, complaints and compliments received across the Council for 2019/20.
1. That the Council’s performance in respect of comments, complaints, and compliments for 2019/20, be noted.
2. That the matter be referred to all three Scrutiny Committees (Appendix B and C to the submitted report referred to the People Scrutiny Committee only).
3. That authority be given to make the changes to the corporate Comments, Complaints and Compliments policy as set out in Section 4.3 and appendix A to the report.
Reason for Decisions:
To ensure the Council continues to have transparent and effective complaint procedures and utilises feedback from customers to good effect.
The Council is required by legislation to produce a report regarding social care statutory complaints and Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman complaint outcomes. Reporting on the efficacy of a complaint processes is best practice. While the content of the reports is not prescribed, reporting itself is obligatory.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Referred direct to: All three Scrutiny Committees (save that appendices B and C to the report be referred only to People Scrutiny Committee)
Cabinet Members: Cllr Terry (overarching), Cllr Harp (Appendix B) and Cllr Jones (Appendix C)
Report author: John Williams
Publication date: 06/11/2020
Date of decision: 03/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/11/2020
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Meg Davidson who writes for consideration by all three Scrutiny Committees"
- Councillor Tony Cox who writes for consideration by all three Scrutiny Committees"