Issue - meetings
Meeting: 24/01/2022 - Cabinet (Item 628)
Report of Executive Director (Growth and Housing) to follow
- Appendix 1 - Selective Licensing Report to Cabinet held 14th September 2021, item 628 PDF 346 KB
- Appendix A - Designation area map SL - Cabinet Report 14 09 21, item 628 PDF 863 KB
- Appendix 2 - Email Sel Licensing, item 628 PDF 347 KB
- Webcast for Selective Licensing
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Growth and Housing) relating to the implementation of the Selective Licensing Scheme within neighbourhoods in the Milton, Kursaal, Victoria and Chalkwell Wards. The matter was referred back to Cabinet at full Council on 10 November 2021.
The Cabinet gave very serious consideration to the matter as it had been referred back.
a) That the financial details of the Selective Licensing Scheme, as set out in the submitted report be noted.
b) That the proposed discounts for the Scheme including the early bird period of four months (December 2021 to March 2022) to promote early compliance as set out in the submitted report, be noted.
2. That for the avoidance of doubt, the designation date of 1 December 2021 be ratified.
3. That the Council complies with the obligations set out in section 3.13 of the submitted report, without delay.
Reasons for decision:
To provide a comprehensive financial assessment and clear recommendations on how the Selective Licensing Scheme can be delivered.
To seek to revoke the designation made on 18 March 2021.
Note: This is an Executive Function, but it is not eligible for call-in by virtue of Scrutiny Procedure Rule 15(e)(iii) as the matter has previously been the subject of call-in.
Cabinet Member: Cllr Gilbert