Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 1 - Civic Suite. View directions
Contact: Colin Gamble
Note: The meeting will commence at the rising of the budget meeting of Cabinet
Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
The following interests were declared at the meeting:
(a) Councillor D Norman MBE – Minute 743 (Better Queensway) – Non-pecuniary interest – Council appointee to the South Essex Homes Board.
The Cabinet received a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) that sought approval of the final parameters for the Better Queensway regeneration project, including the proposed highways alignment, so as to commence procurement to secure a partner(s) to fund, develop and manage the scheme.
1. That the results of the public consultation be noted.
2. That the plan in Appendix 4 of the submitted report be approved as the preferred indicative highways alignment for the regeneration area to be included in the procurement process.
3. That the approach to the planning application is adjusted so that the application is made by the partnership formed following procurement.
4. That the site indicated in Appendix 5 of the submitted report be included within the redline boundary for the procurement and that continuance of the Council’s income stream it derives from the site is placed as a requirement of the partnership.
5. That the site boundary, as per the plan in Appendix 6 of the submitted report, be agreed as the regeneration area for which a partner(s) is sought.
6. That the level of affordable housing provided on the site shall be required to be above the current 441 affordable units and that tenderers are required to put forward their proposition to increase this provision, demonstrating how this is viable.
7. That the updated procurement objectives, set out in section 7.3 of the submitted report, are agreed in principle to be used as the basis for the procurement and that the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) and the Deputy Chief Executive (People) shall each be individually authorised, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Culture, Tourism and the Economy, to refine and confirm the final wording of the objectives.
8. That the principle of a second lot “Lot 2” be agreed for inclusion in the procurement and that the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) and the Deputy Chief Executive (People) shall each be individually authorised, in consultation with the Director of Finance and Resources and the Portfolio Holder for Culture, Tourism and the Economy to agree its inclusion or exclusion in the procurement process and the final wording of the Lot 2 procurement documents.
9. That the Better Queensway Project Board be authorised to approve a variation of existing professional consultant contractual arrangements in accordance with Contracts Procedure Rules 9.2 to 9.4 to accommodate additional in-scope work in support of the project up to the sum of £427k.
10. That the Better Queensway Project Board be authorised to seek extensions of existing contractual arrangements under Contract Procedure Rules 9.5 and 9.6 in 12 month increments up to a maximum of 4 more years in accordance with the terms thereof and subject to the approved financial resources.
11. That the Better Queensway Project Board be authorised to purchase any further work necessary to support the Project which is either included in the scope or defined as out of scope of the current contracts from the contracted consultants via framework agreement call-offs in accordance with ... view the full minutes text for item 743.
Exclusion of the Public
That, under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the item of business set out below, on the grounds that it would involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act and that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Waste Collection Contract
The Leader of the Council agreed that this item be considered at this meeting as an urgent additional item of business to enable a decision to be taken on changes to the Waste Collection & Street Cleansing contract at the earliest opportunity.
The Cabinet received a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) concerning proposed changes to the above contract.
1. That the proposed changes to the Waste Collection & Street Cleansing Contract be approved and that the advantages and implications set out in the report, be noted.
2. That delegated authority be given to the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) in consultation with the Portfolio Holder Transport, Waste and Regulatory Services to agree the final terms of the proposed Deed of Variation.
Reason for decision:
As set out in the submitted report.
As set out in the submitted report.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Referred direct to the Place Scrutiny Committee
Executive Councillor: Councillor Cox