Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 4a - Civic Suite. View directions
Contact: Tim Row - Principal Committee Officer
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Borton and Jarvis (no substitute).
Declarations of Interest
The following members declared interests:
(a) Councillor Jones – Minute *** (The Cornucopia Public House) – non-pecuniary interest – lives in the area;
(b) Councillor McDonald – Minute *** (The Cornucopia Public House) – non-pecuniary interest – has made representations against the application and attended the hearing as an objector;
That the Minutes of the Meeting held on Friday 3rd March 2017, be confirmed as a correct record and signed.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) attached.
The Committee received a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) concerning an application that had been made by Mr Stimson for a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence in respect of The Cornucopia Public House, 39 Marine Parade, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2EN.
The application was presented by Mrs Stimson (licensee) and her son Mr Stimson (applicant). Staff from the premises were also present.
The Committee noted that no objections to the application were received from the Police. Two representations had, however, been received from local residents. One of the residents attended the hearing and gave evidence.
The Committee considered all the evidence and submissions that had been made at the meeting and the written reports and documentation that had been presented prior to the hearing. The Committee also had regard to Schedule 3 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (adopted pursuant to the Police and Crime Act 2009) and the Council’s Policy for controlling sex esablishments.
That the application for a Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence in respect to The Cornucopia Public House, 39 Marine Parade, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2EN, be granted, subject to:
1. The relevant standard operating conditions to the current licence in Appendix 1 to the report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place);
2. The following additional conditions:
· A secondary barrier across the main entrance to further obscure the view into the premises;
· The provision of a segregated private dressing room to be used as the dancers changing room;
· The SEV Licence shall ensure that a minimum of two SIA Registered Door Supervisors are working at the premises while relevant entertainment is provided.