Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 1 - Civic Suite. View directions
Contact: Tim Row - Principal Committee Officer
Apologies for Absence
There were no apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest
No interests were declared at the meeting.
The Sub Committee received a
report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) concerning an
application by the Licensing Authority acting as a Responsible
Authority for the review of the existing Premises Licence at Mojo,
194 Leigh Road, Leigh-on-Sea, SS9 1BS.
That the proposed new Licence conditions as set out below in respect of Mojo, 194 Leigh Road, Leigh-on-Sea, SS9 1BS be attached to the Licence in addition to the existing conditions, without a time limitation:
1. Replace Condition 3 of Annexe 3 with the following: A noise limiter must be fitted to the musical amplification system set at a level determined by and to the satisfaction of an authorised officer of the Environmental Health Service, so as to ensure that no noise nuisance is caused to local residents or businesses. The operational panel of the noise limiter shall then be secured by key or password to the satisfaction of officers from the Environmental Health Service. No alteration or modification to any existing sound system(s) should be affected without prior knowledge of an authorised Officer of the Environmental Health Service. No additional sound generating equipment shall be used on the premises without being routed thought the sound limiter device. Original data obtained, certified by the acoustician/sound engineer, together with the settings of the devices determined as being appropriate, shall be retained and available for inspection by an officer authorised pursuant to the provisions of the Licensing Act 2003.
2. The Licensee shall ensure the premises website advises customers not to park illegally in the streets surrounding the premises and any failure to comply will result in them not being admitted to the premises or being required to leave.
3. A registered approved contractor shall be employed to run the security for the premises to replace the current door security company. Details shall be provided to the licensing authority and the police in writing within 21 days.
4. Between 20:00 and 30 minutes after closing the premises shall have a minimum of 3 door supervisors with 2 door supervisors to be outside at all times.
5. Door supervisors are to remain outside until 30 minutes after closing.
6. From 23:00 hours until patrons have left the premises, one door supervisor is to use body worn camera. In the event of an incident, subject to Data Protection Act 2018, the footage will be made available to the Police and Licensing Authority upon request. The venue will ensure that a suitable, expeditious playback/downloading system is in place for the Police to be able to obtain any evidential footage. Footage will be retained for a minimum period of ... view the full minutes text for item 696.