20/00739/FULH - 100 Eastwood Road, Leigh-On-Sea (Belfairs Ward)
Proposal: Erect single storey front extension, single storey rear extension, form roof extension and install terrace to rear, form raised patio to rear and alter elevations
Applicant: Mr Ali
Agent: Mr Mehran Gharleghi of Studio Integrate ltd.
That PLANNING PERMISSION be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall begin no later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: LP300, E.GA100, E.GA101, E.GA102, E.GA103, E.GA104, E.GA105, E.GA106, E.GA107, GA100, GA101, GA102, GA103, GA104, GA105, GA106, GA107, GA108.
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03 The proposed development shall be finished in materials as specified on approved drawing no.GA104, GA105, GA106, GA107. This applies unless differences are shown on the drawings hereby approved or are required by conditions to this permission.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to ensure that the appearance of the building makes a positive contribution to the character and appearance of the area. This is as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, Development Management Document (2015) Policy DM1, and advice in the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
04 Notwithstanding the details shown on the plans submitted and otherwise approved, prior to first use of the first floor rear roof terrace hereby approved, privacy screening to the north flank elevation shall be installed (a minimum 1.7m high in relation to the terrace floor and to at least Level 4 on the Pilkington Levels of obscurity), the details of which shall have previously been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details before it is brought into use and retained as such thereafter in perpetuity.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and the amenities of neighbouring occupiers and to ensure a satisfactory standard of screening in accordance with Policy DM1 of the Development Management Document (2015) and policies KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007).
05 Prior to the commencement of the development hereby approved, details of tree protection measures to protect the 2no. TPO Oak trees to the front of the site shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The approved tree protection measures shall be implemented in full prior to the commencement of the development and be retained throughout construction.
Reason: To ensure the trees to be retained as part of the development hereby approved are adequately protected during building works in the interests of visual amenity and in accordance with Core Strategy (2007) policies KP2 and CP4, Development Management Document (2015).
06 The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
1. You are advised that as the proposed extension(s) to your property equates to less than 100sqm of new floorspace the development benefits from a Minor Development Exemption under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended) and as such no charge is payable. See www.southend.gov.uk/cil for further details about CIL.
2. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the Borough.
- Report, item 231. PDF 240 KB
- location, item 231. PDF 50 KB
- existing and proposed site plans, item 231. PDF 179 KB
- existing, item 231. PDF 539 KB
- proposed, item 231. PDF 557 KB
- 200625_SitePhotos_100Eastwood-02, item 231. PDF 8 MB