20/01276/FUL - Elmsleigh Hall, Elmsleigh Drive
Proposal: Erect single storey rear
extension and form side doorway.
Applicant: Gill Pedler
Agent: Gill Pedler of Church Growth Trust
A written submission from Mr Lowes was read to the committee.
A written response from Mr Heaney was read to the committee.
Cllr Dent joined the meeting at this agenda item.
That PLANNING PERMISSION be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall begin no later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: S168-01, S168-02, S168-03, S168-04, S168-05, S168-06.
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03 All new work to the outside of the building must match existing original work in terms of the choice of materials, method of construction and finished appearance. This applies unless differences are shown on the drawings hereby approved or are required by conditions to this permission.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to ensure that the appearance of the building makes a positive contribution to the character and appearance of the area. This is as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, Development Management Document (2015) Policy DM1 and advice contained within the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
04 The roof of the single storey rear extension hereby approved shall not be used as a balcony, roof garden or similar amenity area or for any other purpose unless express planning permission has previously been obtained. The roof can however be used for the purposes of maintenance or to escape in an emergency.
Reason: To protect the privacy and environment of people in neighbouring residential properties, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Core Strategy (2007) Policy CP4, Development Management Document (2015) Policy DM1, and the advice contained within the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
1. You are advised that as the proposed extension(s) to your property equates to less than 100sqm of new floorspace the development benefits from a Minor Development Exemption under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended) and as such no charge is payable. See www.southend.gov.uk/cil for further details about CIL.
2. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the Borough.
- Ctte Report - 20-01276- FUL - Elmsleigh Hall - SSRE - Resub Grant - DCC Nov 2020 FIN DCC, item 536. PDF 507 KB
- 1. Location Plan, item 536. PDF 808 KB
- 2. Site Plan, item 536. PDF 443 KB
- 3. Existing Floor, item 536. PDF 177 KB
- 4. Existing Elevs, item 536. PDF 280 KB
- 5. Proposed Plans, item 536. PDF 177 KB
- 6. Proposed Elevations, item 536. PDF 336 KB
- Photos, item 536. PDF 2 MB