21/00053/FULH - 140 Thorpe Hall Avenue, Thorpe Bay, Southend-on-Sea (Thorpe Ward)
Proposal: Install chimney flue for log burner to outbuilding at rear (Part-Retrospective) (Amended Proposal)
Applicant: Mr Barry Brook
Agent: Mr Alan Green of A9 Architecture
Resolved:- That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall be begun not later than 3 years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the approved plans: 1337 01, 1337 02, 1337 03 Rev B, 1337 04 Rev B, 1337 05 Rev B, 1337 06 Rev B.
Reason: To ensure the development is carried out in accordance with the development plan.
03. Notwithstanding the information submitted and otherwise approved, before the approved development is implemented details of the external finish of the flue to be of a colour sympathetic to the surroundings shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The flue hereby approved shall be implemented in accordance with the details hereby approved before it is first brought into use.
Reason: In the interest of visual amenity in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, Development Management Document (2015) Policies DM1 and DM3, and the advice contained within the National Design Guide (2019) and the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
1. Failure to remove the existing unauthorised chimney is likely to result in the Council considering it expedient to take enforcement action to seek to remedy the identified harm.
- Report, item 875. PDF 147 KB
- 01 location plan, item 875. PDF 95 KB
- 02 site plans, item 875. PDF 107 KB
- 03 existing floor plans, item 875. PDF 104 KB
- 04 existing elevations, item 875. PDF 125 KB
- 05 proposed floor plans, item 875. PDF 106 KB
- 06 proposed elevations, item 875. PDF 132 KB
- site photographs from previous applications, item 875. PDF 501 KB