21/01341/FUL - 132 Southchurch Avenue, Southend-on-Sea (Kursaal)
Proposal: Convert lower ground floor and ground floor self-contained flat and storage to 2no. self-contained flats, install access steps to lower ground floor to front
Applicant: Sehernaz Gungor
Agent: Mr Ovunc Ozbaris
Resolved:- That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall begin no later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: Location Plan; SA062021-BP; SA062021-01; SA062021- 02; SA062021-03; SA062021-04 R2; SA062021-05; SA062021-06; SA062021-G
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03 Water efficient design measures as set out in Policy DM2 (iv) of the Development Management Document to limit internal water consumption to 105 litres per person per day (lpd) (110 lpd when including external water consumption), including measures of water efficient fittings, appliances and water recycling systems shall be installed and made available for use prior to the first occupation of the development hereby approved and retained in perpetuity.c
Reason: To minimise the environmental impact of the development through efficient use of water in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Policy KP2 of the Southend-on-Sea Core Strategy (2007), Policy DM2 of the Southend-on-Sea Development Management Document (2015) and the advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
04 Prior to the first occupation of the development hereby approved, full details of external refuse, recycling and secure, covered bicycle storage facilities belonging to the ground floor and lower ground flats shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Prior to first occupation of the development hereby approved those facilities shall be provided and made available for use at the site in accordance with the approved details and retained for the lifetime of the development.
Reason: In the interests of residential amenity for future occupants, to ensure the provision of adequate cycle parking and in the interests of visual amenity as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Core Strategy (2007) policies KP2 and CP4 and Policies DM1, DM8 and DM15 of the Development Management Document (2015) and the guidance within the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
1. Please note that the development the subject of this application is liable for a charge under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended). A Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Liability Notice will be issued as soon as practicable following this decision notice. This contains details including the chargeable amount, when this is payable and when and how exemption or relief on the charge can be sought. You are advised that a CIL Commencement Notice (CIL Form 6) must be received by the Council at least one day before commencement of development. Receipt of this notice will be acknowledged by the Council. Please ensure that you have received both a CIL Liability Notice and acknowledgement of your CIL Commencement Notice before development is commenced. Most claims for CIL relief or exemption must be sought from and approved by the Council prior to commencement of the development. Charges and surcharges may apply, and exemption or relief could be withdrawn if you fail to meet statutory requirements relating to CIL. Further details on CIL matters can be found on the Council's website at www.southend.gov.uk/cil.
2. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the Borough.
- Report, item 384. PDF 465 KB
- Amenity Space Site Plan, item 384. PDF 32 KB
- Existing floor plans, item 384. PDF 34 KB
- Existing front elevation, item 384. PDF 38 KB
- Existing rear elevation, item 384. PDF 36 KB
- Location Plan, item 384. PDF 154 KB
- Proposed floor plans, item 384. PDF 44 KB
- Proposed front elevation, item 384. PDF 41 KB
- Proposed rear elevation, item 384. PDF 40 KB
- site photos, item 384. PDF 3 MB
- site photos, item 384. PDF 2 MB
- site plan, item 384. PDF 18 KB