21/01567/FUL - Leigh Road Baptist Tennis Club, Victory Path (Chalkwell Ward)
Proposal: Install floodlights to the 3no. tennis courts
Applicant: Mr Simon Joyce
Ms Crowe, a local resident, spoke as an objector to the application. Mr Joyce, the applicant, responded.
That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall begin not later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out solely in accordance with the approved plans: Location Plan; Site Plan; 010A; 011A; 012A.
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the development plan.
03 The lighting hereby approved shall be switched off and not be operated between the hours of 22:00 and 08:00 the following day on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive and between the hours of 6pm and 8am the following day on Sundays.
Reason: To ensure the lighting does not harm the amenities of nearby residents, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, the Development Management Document (2015) Policies DM1 and DM3 and advice contained within the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
04 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out and permanently operated for its lifetime thereafter solely in accordance with the details and specifications contained within the LED Lighting Scheme by Armadillo Lighting dated 02.07.21. All external lighting shall be directed, sited and screened so as not to cause detrimental intrusion of light into adjacent residential properties.
Reason: To ensure the development is carried out in accordance with the development plan and the floodlighting does not cause demonstrable harm by way of light pollution to nearby residents in accordance National Planning Policy Framework (2021); Core Strategy (2007) policies KP2, CP4; Development Management Document (2015) Policy DM1 and the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
05 The lighting poles and any other associated structural elements for the lighting hereby approved shall be finished only in dark green, black or grey.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to ensure that the appearance of the floodlights make an acceptable contribution to the character and appearance of the area. This is as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Core Strategy (2007) policy KP2 and CP4, Development Management Document (2015) policy DM1, and advice contained in the Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
1. The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
2. Community Infrastructure Levy Liability Notice: You are advised that in this instance the chargeable amount for the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) has been calculated as zero under the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended) due to the specific nature of the use. However, should the nature of the use change then you are advised to contact the Planning and Building Control Group to discuss the requirement for planning permission and CIL liability.
3. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the Borough.
- Committee Report, item 558. PDF 301 KB
- Location Plan, item 558. PDF 232 KB
- Existing Plans, item 558. PDF 231 KB
- Proposed Plans, item 558. PDF 332 KB
- Proposed Site and Elevation Plans, item 558. PDF 393 KB
- Proposed Visual, item 558. PDF 118 KB
- Site Photos, item 558. PDF 2 MB