Department for Transport (DfT) Tranche 2 - Active Travel Fund
- Meeting of Place Scrutiny Committee, Monday, 7th February, 2022 6.30 pm (Item 662.)
- View the background to item 662.
Minute No. 609 (Cabinet Agenda No. 13, Reports book 2 refers)
Called-in by Councillors Cox & Davidson
The Committee considered Minute 609 of Cabinet held on 13th January 2022, which had been called-in for scrutiny, together with the report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) concerning the schemes that had been awarded funding by the Department of Transport (DfT) following the Council’s Tranche 2 bid. The consultation/survey results in relation to the schemes would be submitted to the DfT.
In response to questions regarding schools included in the School Streets scheme, the Council’s Head of Civil Engineering undertook to investigate further and provide a written response to the following matters:
(i) the number of schools on busy/main roads with high volumes of traffic and congestion and poor air quality that did not apply to be included in the scheme or would have expected to apply;
(ii) whether there would be a further opportunity for other school to be involved or how the Council might encourage them to be involved;
In response to questions regarding the possibility of installing CCTV along the Prittlebrook Greenway should the proposed lighting not adequately address community safety or anti-social behaviour, the Head of Civil Engineering undertook to provide a written response after the meeting.
That the following decisions of Cabinet be noted:
“1. That the bid to the Department of Transport (DfT) on 20 November 2020 for Tranche 2 funding from the Active Travel Fund for the schemes for which funding in the sum of £741,000 was awarded, be endorsed.
2. That, following discussion at design review stage with the Transport, Capital and Inward Investment Working Party, authority be delegated to the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment), in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Transport, Asset Management and Inward Investment, to agree the final detailed design options based upon the outline designs submitted to the DfT for Tranche 2 funding.”
Note: This is an Executive Function
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
- Report of Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment), item 662. PDF 424 KB
- Appendix 1 - DfT Tranche 2 survey analysis, item 662. PDF 1021 KB
- Appendix 2 - KV2 Brochure, item 662. PDF 403 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Belton Bridge, item 662. PDF 111 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Chalkwell Park, item 662. PDF 95 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Pier, item 662. PDF 130 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Priory Park, item 662. PDF 110 KB
- Proposed cycle storage-Shoebury, item 662. PDF 109 KB