Car Cruise PSPO
- Meeting of Special Meeting, Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee, Wednesday, 22nd March, 2023 5.30 pm (Item 794.)
Cabinet Agenda Item No. 3 refers.
Referred direct to the Scrutiny Committee.
Report of Executive and Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) to follow.
The Committee considered Minute 782 of the special meeting of the Cabinet held on 21 March 2023, which had been referred direct for scrutiny, together with a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) presenting the response to public consultation on the proposed introduction of a Car Cruise Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO).
In response to questions, the Cabinet Member for Public Protection gave an undertaking, to review the Car Cruise PSPO at the end of the summer season to ensure the prohibited activities as currently worded in the proposed PSPO were accurate and sufficient to address the issues of intoxicated persons thorough alcohol or noxious substances. Should the Car Cruise PSPO require an amendment to address such issues specifically, this would be undertaken.
That the following decisions of the Cabinet be noted:
“1. That the responses to the Consultation, as set out at Appendix 2 to the submitted report, be noted.
2. That the draft Public Spaces Protection Order (Car Cruise PSPO) No. 1 of 2023, be implemented.”
Note: This is an Executive function
Cabinet Member: Councillor M Terry
- Report of Exec Director (Neighbourhoodsand Envt), item 794. PDF 298 KB
- Appendix 1- Map, item 794. PDF 3 MB
- Appendix 2- Consultation Results, item 794. PDF 377 KB
- Appendix 3 - Car Cruise PSPO Report, item 794. PDF 112 KB
- Appendix 4- Draft Order, item 794. PDF 169 KB
- Appendix 5- Evidence report, item 794. PDF 469 KB
- Appendix 6- Equality Assessment, item 794. PDF 419 KB
- Appendix 7- Risk Assessment, item 794. PDF 380 KB