Mid and South Essex STP
- Meeting of People Scrutiny Committee, Tuesday, 9th October, 2018 6.30 pm (Item 345.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 345.
Report of Deputy Chief Executive (People)
The Committee considered a report by the Deputy Chief Executive (People). This concerned the Mid and South Essex Sustainability & Transformation Partnership (STP) Council motion, which was previously considered at both the Council meeting on 19 July 2018 and Cabinet on 18 September 2018.
The Committee additionally considered further Option (Option D), circulated by Councillors Borton and Mulroney, which recommended that the STP be referred to the Secretary of State in the manner set out, as this best expresses the serious concerns about the proposals.
That Option D be agreed, as set out below:-
“1. To refer the STP in its entirety to the Secretary of State on the basis of ‘adequacy of the content of the consultation’.
2. To refer decision #12 re Stroke Services on the basis that the hyperacute clinical treatment model is acceptable (subject to appropriate resourcing) but that the development of a specialist team in Basildon Hospital to provide intensive nursing support and rehab is not.
3. Not withstanding Resolution 1 above, the Council records the STP agreement to maintain 24 hour A&E services at all three hospitals.”
Note: This is a Scrutiny Function
- Report of Deputy Chief Executive (People), item 345. PDF 415 KB
- Appendix 1_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 332 KB
- Appendix 2_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 168 KB
- Appendix 3_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 228 KB
- Appendix 4_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 358 KB
- Appendix 5_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 596 KB
- Appendix 7_Report to Scrutiny 9th Oct 2018, item 345. PDF 261 KB
- 18 10 09 Revised Option for People Scrutiny Committee, item 345. PDF 72 KB