Draft Capital Investment Programme 2019/20 to 2023/24
- Meeting of Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee, Wednesday, 30th January, 2019 6.30 pm (Item 672.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 672.
- View the background to item 672.
The report has been circulated with the Cabinet Agenda for its meeting on 17th January 2019. The relevant Minute and report has been referred direct to all Scrutiny Committees for consideration.
The Committee considered Minute 610 of Cabinet on 17th January 2019, which had been referred direct by Cabinet to all three Scrutiny Committees together with a report of the Strategic Director (Finance and Resources) outlining a draft programme of capital investment for the period 2019/20 to 2023/24.
That the following decisions of Cabinet be noted:-
“1. That the current approved programme for 2019/20 to 2021/22 of £153.1m as set out in Appendix 1 to the submitted report, be noted.
2. That the Capital Investment Strategy for 2019/20 to 2023/24, as set out in Appendix 2 to the report, be approved.
3. That the following be approved:
(i) New schemes and additions to the Capital Investment Programme for the period 2019/20 to 2023/24 totalling £14.5m for the General Fund and £20.8m for the Housing Revenue Account (Appendix 6 to the submitted report);
(ii) Schemes subject to external funding approval for the period 2019/20 to 2020/21 totalling £3.0m (Appendix 6 to the report);
(iii) Schemes subject to viable business cases for the period 2019/20 to 2021/22 totalling £48.6m (Appendices 6 and 7 to the report).
4. That it be noted that the changes to the approved Programme will result in a proposed Capital Investment Programme of £177.0m for 2019/20 to 2023/24, as set out in Appendix 7 to the report, of which £70.7m is supported by external funding.
5. That it be noted that a final review is being undertaken on the 2018/19 projected outturn and the results will be included in the report to Cabinet on 12 February 2019.”
Note: This is an Executive Function save that approval of the final budget following Cabinet on 12 February 2019 is a Council Function.
Cabinet Member: Cllr Lamb
- Report of Strategic Director (Finance and Resources), item 672. PDF 141 KB
- Appendix 1 - Approved Capital Investment Programme - November 18, item 672. PDF 220 KB
- Appendix 2 - Capital Investment Strategy 2019-20 to 2023-24, item 672. PDF 169 KB
- Annex 1 to Appendix 2 - Capital Investment Policy, item 672. PDF 68 KB
- Annex 2 to Appendix 2 - Capital Investment Strategy - links to other corporate strategies and plans, item 672. PDF 32 KB
- Annex 3 to Appendix 2 - Specific risks and their proposed mitigation, item 672. PDF 44 KB
- Annex 4 to Appendix 2 - Monitoring lifecycle for capital programme expenditure, item 672. PDF 232 KB
- Annex 5 to Appendix 2 - Gateway Review process, item 672. PDF 46 KB
- Annex 6 to Appendix 2 - Key Project Stages, item 672. PDF 62 KB
- Annex 7 to Appendix 2 - Policies re funding capital expenditure and investment, item 672. PDF 51 KB
- Appendix 3 - Virements Between Approved Schemes, item 672. PDF 16 KB
- Appendix 4 - Re-profiles Between Years, item 672. PDF 19 KB
- Appendix 5 - New External Funding, item 672. PDF 9 KB
- Appendix 6 - Proposed New Schemes and Additions - descriptions, item 672. PDF 213 KB
- Appendix 7 - Summary of Changes to Approved Capital Investment Programme, item 672. PDF 24 KB
- Appendix 8 - Amended Capital Investment Programme 2019-20 to 2023-24, item 672. PDF 343 KB