Draft General Fund Revenue Budget 2019/20
- Meeting of Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee, Wednesday, 30th January, 2019 6.30 pm (Item 673.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 673.
- View the background to item 673.
The report has been circulated with the Cabinet Agenda for its meeting on 17th January 2019. The relevant Minute and report has been referred direct to all Scrutiny Committees for consideration.
The Committee considered Minute 611 of Cabinet held on 17th January 2019, which had been referred direct by Cabinet to all three Scrutiny Committees, together with a report of the Corporate Management Team presenting the draft revenue budget for 2019/20.
That the following decisions of Cabinet be noted:-
“1. That the 2019/20 draft revenue budget and any required commencement of consultation, statutory or otherwise, be endorsed.
2. That it be noted that the 2019/20 draft revenue budget has been prepared on the basis of a Council Tax increase of 4.49%, being 2.99% for general use and 1.5% for Adult Social Care.
3. That it be noted that the 2019/20 draft revenue budget has been prepared using the provisional local government finance settlement and that the outcome from the final settlement will need to be factored into the final budget proposals for Budget Cabinet and Budget Council.
4. That the 2019/20 revenue budget, as endorsed, be referred to all three Scrutiny Committees, Business sector and Voluntary sector to inform the Budget Cabinet, which will then recommend the Budget and Council Tax to Budget Council.
5. That the Schools budget position and that the recommendations for the Education Board on 22 January 2019, as set out in Appendices 11and 11(i) to the submitted report, be noted and referred to the People Scrutiny Committee and then to Budget Cabinet and Budget Council.
6. That the direction of travel for 2020/21 and beyond, noting the need for the organisation to move to a longer term and outcome based budgeting approach as set out in Section 15 of the report, be endorsed.”
Note: This is an Executive Function save that approval of the final budget following Cabinet on 12th February 2019 is a Council Function.
Cabinet Member: Cllr Lamb
- Report of Strategic Director (Finance and Resources), item 673. PDF 205 KB
- 10 - Appendices 1 - 8 Budget 2019-20, item 673. PDF 67 KB
- 10 - Appendix 9 Investment descriptions 2019-20 Master, item 673. PDF 72 KB
- 10 - Appendix 10 Budget Reductions descriptions 2019-20 Master, item 673. PDF 103 KB
- 10 - Appendix 11 - Dedicated Schools Grant Budget 2019-20, item 673. PDF 102 KB
- 10 - Appendix 11(I) - DSG Budget 2019-20, item 673. PDF 228 KB
- 10 - Appendix 12-Southend 2050 Transforming Together, item 673. PDF 121 KB
- 10 - Appendix 13 Equality Analysis report 2019-20, item 673. PDF 70 KB