Internal Audit Service, Quarterly Performance Report 2018/19
Report of the Strategic Director (Finance and Resources)
The Committee considered a report of the Strategic Director (Finance & Resources) which updated the Committee on progress made in delivering the Internal Audit Strategy for 2018/19.
The Committee asked a number of questions, which were responded to by officers.
With reference to Appendix 1 and the decisions not to progress the audit of the Virtual School, deferred due to external experts undertaking the independent peer review, the Head of Internal Audit confirmed that, to help assurance, he would bring the peer review report to the next meeting of the Committee.
With reference to Appendix 2b, Direct Payment Support Services Contract Management, the Committee asked that the actions taken with regard to contract monitoring be reported to the next meeting of the Committee by the Interim Director Adult Social Care.
With reference to Appendix 2c, South East Active Travel Programme governance arrangements, the Head of Internal Audit said that he would share the results of the full audit, when available and would provide feedback to the Committee at the next meeting.
With regard to Appendix 2d, Audits Revisited, Unit 4 Business World System Access Controls, and that the overarching IT security policies still requiring approval by the Council’s SIRO, the Strategic Director (Transformation) is to provide a written response to the Committee on the position before the next meeting.
In response to questions to the responses to the stakeholder survey, detailed at Appendix 3, and the use of ‘survey monkey’, the Head of Internal Audit said that he would review the survey approach (but still in electronic format) to hopefully increase responses.
That the progress made in delivering the 2018/19 Internal Audit Strategy, be noted.
- 1 - a IA quarterly performance report 24.07.19, item 256. PDF 92 KB
- 1- b App 1 Audit Plan 2018-19_draft, item 256. PDF 131 KB
- 1 - c App 2a Assurance and Themes - Satisfactory, item 256. PDF 45 KB
- 1 - d App 2b Assurance and Themes - Partial, item 256. PDF 53 KB
- 1 - e App 2c Assurance and Themes - Minimal, item 256. PDF 80 KB
- 1 - f App 2d Assurance and Themes - Audits Revisited, item 256. PDF 54 KB
- 1 - g App 2e Assurance and Summaries Other audits and grants, item 256. PDF 49 KB
- 1 - h App 3 Stakeholder survey results - 24.06.19, item 256. PDF 42 KB