Scrutiny Committee - updates
- Meeting of People Scrutiny Committee, Tuesday, 8th October, 2019 6.30 pm (Item 398.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 398.
Report of Executive Director (Legal & Democratic Services)
The Committee considered a report by the Executive Director (Legal & Democratic Services) which updated the Committee on a number of Scrutiny matters.
The Committee discussed the Mid & South Essex Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) and the update concerning the outcome of the referral to the Secretary of State, as detailed at section 3 of the report and at Appendices 1 and 2. The Deputy Chief Executive (People) said that clarification was being sought with regard to the comment in the letter from the Secretary of State that the Council should report back ‘in three months on the progress of this case’.
The Chair also updated the Committee on the recent visit undertaken with Essex HOSC and councillors on the JHOSC to Southend Hospital and the plans to visit the other Hospitals in the Group (i.e. Basildon and Broomfield) in the coming few months. It was also felt that it will also be beneficial for all members of the Scrutiny Committee to undertaken visits to other settings in the community and a programme of visits will be developed and circulated.
1. That the report and actions taken be noted.
2. That a programme of visits for Scrutiny Committee members to settings in the community be developed.
3. That the project plan for the in depth scrutiny review – ‘the appropriate use of reablement for older people (65 and over) when discharged from hospital, to maximise the number of people at home after period of 91 days’, attached at Appendix 6 to the report be approved.
Note: This is a Scrutiny Function.
- Report of Executive Director (Legal & Democratic Services), item 398. PDF 78 KB
- Appendix 1, item 398. PDF 98 KB
- Appendix 2, item 398. PDF 222 KB
- Appendix 3, item 398. PDF 152 KB
- Appendix 4 a, item 398. PDF 278 KB
- Item 4b, item 398. PDF 113 KB
- Appendix 5 Letter, item 398. PDF 330 KB
- Appendix 6, item 398. PDF 133 KB
- Appendix 7, item 398. PDF 105 KB