Requests for Waiting Restrictions
- Meeting of Place Scrutiny Committee, Monday, 25th November, 2019 6.30 pm (Item 562.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 562.
- View the background to item 562.
Minute 504 (Cabinet Committee Agenda Item No. 6)
Called-in by Councillors Cox and Davidson
The Committee considered Minute 504 of Cabinet Committee held on 4th November 2019, which had been called in to Scrutiny, together with the report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place). This related to the proposed introduction of new and the amendment of existing waiting restrictions at various locations in the Borough, including the removal of the Civic Centre Underground Car Park for public use at weekends.
The Cabinet Member for Transport, Capital, Inward Investment undertook to provide a written response to a question whether the parking spaces in the Civic Centre Underground Car Park were included in the overall figure set out in the Southend Central Area Action Plan (SCAAP).
1. That the following decisions of Cabinet Committee be noted:-
“1. That the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) be authorised to publish the relevant statutory notice and undertake the necessary consultation for a traffic regulation order(s) for the following requests and, subject to there being no objections received following statutory advertisement, to arrange for the order to be sealed and the proposals implemented:
(i) the removal approximately 17 metres of no waiting at any time on the north-east side outside Nos.4 and 5 Runwell Terrace and replace with 3 pay and display bays;
(ii) to provide additional on-street pay and display parking at various locations in Western Esplanade Eastern Esplanade as set out in Appendix 2 to the submitted report;
(iii) the amendment to the existing waiting restrictions in Ambleside Drive in the vicinity of the Adult Community College (in the meantime, the Interim Group Manager Traffic & Highways undertook to install an “H-bar” marking on the highway at this location to protect the “pram ramp” in the vicinity of 105-107 Ambleside Drive;
(iv) the reduction of the existing junction protection in Leighville Grove, Leigh-on-Sea at its junction with Rectory Grove by 5 metres each side;
(v) the removal of the limited waiting bay outside Nos.151 and 153 Kings Road, Westcliff-on-Sea; and
(vi) the removal of the junction protection waiting restrictions on the north side of Sunningdale Avenue, Leigh-on-Sea that was originally introduced as a temporary basis during construction of the flat development on the corner.
2. That consideration of the review of parking in Clarence Road, Clarence Street and Weston Road, Southend-on-Sea, which forms part of an ongoing town centre review, to create additional parking within this area by the redeployment of some disabled bays, loading facilities and creation of additional spaces, be deferred and that officers be requested to investigate more appropriate locations of the disabled parking bays and investigate the feasibility of introducing some parking bays with a maximum stay of 15 minutes free of charge within the proposed scheme.
3. That the proposed revocation of the current off street parking places Traffic Regulation Order to remove public parking at weekends in the Civic Centre Underground Car Park not be progressed.”
Note: This is an Executive Function
Cabinet Member: Councillor Woodley
- Report of Deputy Chief Executive (Place), item 562. PDF 92 KB
- Appendix 2 - Waiting Restrictions Requests, item 562. PDF 43 KB
- Appendix 3 - Waiting Requests, item 562. PDF 47 KB