20/00655/FUL - 85 Western Road, Leigh-on-Sea (West Leigh Ward)
Proposal: Erect two storey side extension and part two storey first floor and single storey rear and side extension, to form two additional self-contained flats, lay out parking to front, communal amenity space, cycle and refuse stores to rear, alter elevations and form additional vehicular access onto Western Road (Amended Proposal)
Applicant: Mr Lake
Agent: DAP Architecture
Rev Wilks spoke as an objector to the application. Mr Barton spoke as a respondent.
That PLANNING PERMISSION be REFUSED for the following reason:
The proposed side and rear extension would, by reason of its scale, size, design and width, including the limited set-back from the front elevation of the main building, result in an overly dominant, disproportionate and unsympathetic addition, to the significant detriment of the character and appearance of the existing building and the wider street scene. This would be unacceptable and contrary to the National Planning Policy Framework; Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007); Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Development Management Document (2015) and advice contained within the adopted Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by identifying matters of concern with the proposal and determining the application within a timely manner, clearly setting out the reason(s) for refusal, allowing the Applicant the opportunity to consider the harm caused and whether or not it can be remedied by a revision to the proposal. The detailed analysis is set out in a report prepared by officers. In the circumstances the proposal is not considered to be sustainable development. The Local Planning Authority is willing to discuss the best course of action.
- 20.00655 Western flats conv DCC FINAL CLEARED, item 16. PDF 276 KB
- location, item 16. PDF 91 KB
- topographical, item 16. PDF 744 KB
- ex GF and site, item 16. PDF 297 KB
- ex 1F, item 16. PDF 96 KB
- ex veh acc, item 16. PDF 626 KB
- ex survey, item 16. PDF 1 MB
- ex elevs, item 16. PDF 331 KB
- 905.210.00 prop site and GF, item 16. PDF 482 KB
- 905.211.00 prop 1F, item 16. PDF 397 KB
- 905.212.00 prop roof, item 16. PDF 486 KB
- 905.213.00 prop elevs, item 16. PDF 400 KB
- 905.214.00 prop st sc, item 16. PDF 672 KB
- 905.215.00, item 16. PDF 280 KB
- 2000655 photos (2018), item 16. PDF 4 MB