20/00513/FULM - All Weather Pitch, Southchurch Park, Southend-on-Sea (Thorpe Ward)
- Meeting of Development Control Committee, Wednesday, 1st July, 2020 5.00 pm (Item 112.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 112.
Proposal: Erect new spectator stand to sports pitch
Applicant: Mr Jerry Omango
Agent: Mr Darren Munsey
Cllr Mulroney withdrew from the meeting for this agenda item
Ms Lynam spoke as an objector to the application
Mr Munsey Responded
That PLANNING PERMISSION be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01. The development hereby permitted shall begin not later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: Site Location Plan, 960 SM/NAK/01A, 960 SM/NAK/02A, 960 SM/NAK/03A, 960 SM/NAK/04A and the specifications provided within the submitted document titled ‘Stadium Solutions’.
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03. The stand shall provide a capacity of, and be occupied by no more than, 120 spectators at any one time.
Reason: In the interests of the amenities of the surrounding area, further to the National Planning Policy Framework, Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, and Development Management Document (2015) Policies DM1 and DM3.
04. The stand hereby approved shall not be brought into use until an Emergency Flood and Evacuation Plan has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The measures in the approved plan shall be implemented in full prior to the first use of the stand.
Reason: To ensure that the development will be safe for its lifetime, further to the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), and Policies KP1, KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007).
05. Prior to first use of the stand, a scheme of external lighting shall have been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. External lighting for the development shall be provided only in accordance with the agreed details.
Reason: To protect the amenities of neighbouring properties and the general environmental quality in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, Core Strategy (2007) Policies KP2 and CP4, and Development Management Document (2015) Policies DM1 and DM3.
06. Prior to first use of the stand, details of refuse and recycling facilities to be provided at the site shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved details shall be provided prior to the first occupation of the stand and retained thereafter for the lifetime of the development in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: To ensure that the development is satisfactorily serviced and that satisfactory waste storage is provided in the interests of visual amenity and to protect the character of the surrounding area, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, Policy KP2 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policy DM3 of the Development Management Document (2015).
07. Construction hours for the development hereby approved shall be restricted to 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and not at all on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.
Reason: To protect the environment of people in neighbouring residential properties, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework, Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Southend-on-Sea Core Strategy (2007), Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Southend-on-Sea Development Management Document (2015) and the advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
01. Please note that the development the subject of this application is liable for a charge under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended). A Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Liability Notice will be issued as soon as practicable following this decision notice. This contains details including the chargeable amount, when this is payable and when and how exemption or relief on the charge can be sought. You are advised that a CIL Commencement Notice (CIL Form 6) must be received by the Council at least one day before commencement of development. Receipt of this notice will be acknowledged by the Council. Please ensure that you have received both a CIL Liability Notice and acknowledgement of your CIL Commencement Notice before development is commenced. Most claims for CIL relief or exemption must be sought from and approved by the Council prior to commencement of the development. Charges and surcharges may apply, and exemption or relief could be withdrawn if you fail to meet statutory requirements relating to CIL. Further details on CIL matters can be found on the Council's website at www.southend.gov.uk/cil.
02. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the borough.
03. The applicant is reminded that this permission does not bestow compliance with other regulatory frameworks. In particular your attention is drawn to the statutory nuisance provisions within the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (as amended) and construction noise provisions within the Control of Pollution Act 1974. Applicants should contact the Council’s Environmental Health Officer for more advice on 01702 215005 or at Regulatory Services, P.O. Box 5558, Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ZQ.
- Report, item 112. PDF 609 KB
- Location plan, item 112. PDF 297 KB
- SM-NAK-004A, item 112. PDF 612 KB
- 2000513 2000526, item 112. PDF 608 KB