Issue - decisions
Electric Vehicle Charging Policy
The Cabinet considered a report of the Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Director (Growth and Housing) concerning the preparation of new local planning policy for developers on the provision of electric vehicle charging points in new residential and commercial schemes, to support the Council’s Green City Action Plan, and assist in delivering on relevant Southend 2050 outcomes.
1. That the Interim Policy Guidance for Electric Vehicles Charging Infrastructure Requirements to guide new developments in developing management decisions set out in Appendix 1 to the submitted report, be approved.
2. That the Electric Vehicles Charging Infrastructure Requirements in the New Developments draft Supplementary Planning Document set out in Appendix 2 to the report being subject to a 4 week period of public consultation, be approved.
3. That authority be delegated to the Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Director (Growth and Housing), in consultation with the Executive Councillor for Environment, Culture, Tourism and Planning to:
· Make minor amendments to the draft Supplementary Planning Document prior to consultation; and
· Take all necessary steps to ensure compliance with the relevant statutory processes and procedures to undertake the consultation.
Reason for decision:
To ensure the timely roll out of EV charging infrastructure to keep pace with new developments in the Borough.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Mulroney