Highways Safety Improvements
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet considered a report of the Executive Director (Neighbourhoods and Environment) requesting that consideration be given to the new Highways Improvement Policy for the prioritisation and implementation of Highways Improvement Schemes.
1. That the new Highway Improvements Policy for the prioritisation and implementation of Highways Improvement Schemes, be approved.
2. That authority be delegated to the Director of Highways to deliver the policy in accordance with the agreed implementation plans for the various service area assets/issues.
Reasons for decision:
To adopt a new Highway Improvements Policy that provides a programme based on the highest scoring priorities boroughwide, within the resources available. All requests would be assessed against the scoring matrix and the resulting priority score used as a basis for setting an annual forward programme.
The Council could allocate each Ward an equitable budget (excluding any available s106 funds within their area) so that each Ward has the opportunity to select a maximum number of proposals each year, to this value, subject to scoring the proposals using the agreed priority scoring matrix. This option would result in long lists of schemes that are progressed irrespective of the estimated cost, making resource plans and forward programmes difficult.
Note: This is an Executive Function
Eligible for call-in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Woodley
Report author: Sharon Harrington
Publication date: 05/11/2021
Date of decision: 02/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 02/11/2021 - Cabinet
- Report of Exec Director (Neighbourhoods and Envt) PDF 222 KB
- Appendix 1 - Highways Improvements Policy PDF 678 KB
- Appendix 1b - CW and FW Resurfacing Implementation Plan PDF 693 KB
- Appendix 1c - Referred Schemes Implementation Plan PDF 695 KB
- Appendix 1d - Speeding Issues Implementation Plan - Draft v1.1 PDF 703 KB
- Appendix 1e - Verge Damage Implementation Plan PDF 722 KB