S-CATS (London Road Projects)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) providing an update on the progress of the ‘Southend Central Area Transport Scheme (S-CATS).
1. That either of the two design options for London Road (between Queensway and College Way) be taken forward to construction which will allow selection of the final design to be carried out in consultation with stakeholders and public.
2. That the drainage works can be started along London Road in September 2017, in preparation for the scheme construction to start in October 2017.
3. That the authority be delegated to the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive (Place), in consultation with the Leader of the Council and the Executive Councillor for Transport, Waste and Regulatory Services, to agree the final design option, Option A or Option B, selected after stakeholder and public consultation, to be taken forward to implementation with a programmed commencement in October 2017, together with the advertisement of any necessary Traffic Regulation Orders.
Reasons for Decision
Southend Central Area Transport Scheme represents a major opportunity to support the continued growth and regeneration of the Southend Central Area.
If no action was taken, the investment opportunity would be lost. This would reduce the contribution to supporting local health and wellbeing and restrict accessibility and local mobility, and potentially undermine business confidence and investment within the area.
Note: This is an Executive function.
Eligible for call in to: Place Scrutiny Committee
Executive Councillor: Cox
Report author: Peter Geraghty
Publication date: 22/09/2017
Date of decision: 19/09/2017
Decided at meeting: 19/09/2017 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/09/2017
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Ian Gilbert who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Julian Ware-Lane who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Martin Terry who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Ron Woodley who writes Called-in for consideration by the Place Scrutiny Committee"
- Report of Deputy Chief Executive (Place) PDF 100 KB
- Appendix 1-C10702-102-SBC-LR-C-0017-A - SCATS Report PDF 447 KB
- Appendix 2 PDF 258 KB
- Appendix 3a PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 3b PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 4-S-CATS Phase 2- Key Benefits Scheme option matrix PDF 5 MB
- Appendix 5-S-CATS-2_EngagementandConsultationPlan PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 6 _Appraisal Summary Table PDF 401 KB