Southend-on-Sea Commissioning Framework
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Item Called In
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered a report of the Strategic Director (Transformation) which sought approval to devise and implement a commissioning framework that supports the Council’s ability to become an Outcome Based Commissioning Organisation.
1. That the definition of commissioning for Southend-on-Sea Borough Council be as follows:
“the process by which we understand the collective approach needed in order to deliver the Southend 2050 outcomes; and what we need to do with others to make them happen. In practice, this is not in-sourcing or out-sourcing but clearly ‘right-sourcing’.”
2. That the overarching principles of the Southend-on-Sea Commissioning Framework, be approved.
3. That, as part of a transitional period to an outcome based investment model, the Thematic Annual Procurement Plan 2019/20, be approved.
4. That the Market Position Statement for publication as set out in paragraph 5.7 and Appendix 4 to the report, be approved.
Reasons for decision:
As set out in the submitted report.
The alternative option is to carry on deploying a range of approaches for the commissioning, procurement and contracting activity. This would not best support the delivery of the Southend 2050 ambition and outcomes.
Note: This is an Executive Function save that recommendation in 5 above is a Council Function.
Eligible for call-in to: Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee
Cabinet Member: Cllr Lamb
Report author: Joanna Ruffle
Publication date: 15/03/2019
Date of decision: 12/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 12/03/2019 - Cabinet
Issue status: The decision is currently being reconsidered
This decision has been called in by:
- Councillor Ian Gilbert who writes For consideration by Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee"
- Councillor Laurie Burton who writes For consideration by Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee"
- Report of Strategic Director (Transformation) PDF 112 KB
- Appendix 1- Thematic Annual Procurement Plan 2019-20 Introduction PDF 393 KB
- Pride And Joy PDF 500 KB
- Safe and Well PDF 548 KB
- Active & Involved PDF 433 KB
- Opportunity & Prosperity PDF 443 KB
- Connected and Smart PDF 463 KB
- Appendix 2- 1m+ Contract Value Procurements 2019-20 PDF 43 KB
- Appendix 3 Part 3-Schedule 3 PDF 70 KB
- Appendix 4 MPS PDF 676 KB