21/00199/FULH - 1 Highwood Close, Leigh-on-Sea (Blenheim Park Ward)
Proposal: Erect car port to front elevation
Applicant: Mr K Buck
Agent: Mr Paul Seager of APS Design Associates Ltd.
Cllrs Buck and Garston withdrew from the meeting for this item.
That PLANNING PERMISSION be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01 The development hereby permitted shall begin no later than three years from the date of the decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02 The development shall be undertaken solely in accordance with the following approved plans: Drawing number 01; Drawing number 02; Drawing 03 Revision A.
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03 All new work to the outside of the building must match existing original work in terms details of materials, method of construction and finished appearance. This applies unless differences are shown in approved plans.
Reason: In the interests of visual amenity and to ensure that the appearance of the building makes a positive contribution to the character and appearance of the area. This is as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007), Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Development Management Document (2015) and the advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
04 The roof of the car port hereby approved shall not be used as a balcony, roof garden or similar amenity area or for any other purpose unless express planning permission has previously been obtained. The roof can however be used for the purposes of maintenance or to escape in an emergency.
Reason: To protect the privacy and environment of people in neighbouring residential properties, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2019), Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Southend-on-Sea Core Strategy (2007), Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Southend-on-Sea Development Management Document (2015) and the advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
01. You are advised that as the proposed extension(s) to your property equates to less than 100sqm of new floorspace the development benefits from a Minor Development Exemption under the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended) and as such no charge is payable. See www.southend.gov.uk/cil for further details about CIL.
02. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council may seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the borough.
- Report, item 969. PDF 815 KB
- Site and Location Plan, item 969. PDF 305 KB
- Existing Plans, item 969. PDF 379 KB
- Proposed Plans, item 969. PDF 392 KB
- 1 Highwood Close committee, item 969. PDF 1 MB