21/02498/FUL - Flat 1, 82 Undercliff Gardens, Leigh-on-Sea (Leigh Ward)
- Meeting of Development Control Committee, Wednesday, 2nd March, 2022 2.00 pm (Item 758.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 758.
Proposal: Extend existing detached outbuilding to form store area
Applicant: Mr and Mrs M Day
Agent: Metson Architects Ltd
Mr Weber, a local resident, spoke as an objector to the application.
That planning permission be REFUSED for the following reason:
01 The proposed extension in combination with existing and consented development on the site would be detrimental to the open and undeveloped character of the rear gardens within Undercliff Gardens at this point to the detriment of the character of the area and representing an overdevelopment of the site contrary to the provisions of the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Policies KP2 and Policy CP4 of the Core Strategy, Policies DM1 and DM6 of the Development Management Document (2015) and the Design & Townscape Guide (2009).
Positive and Proactive Statement
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by identifying matters of concern with the proposal and clearly setting these out in the reason(s) for refusal. Furthermore, Members of the planning committee which took the decision to refuse planning permission based their view on a detailed report prepared by officers and have considered whether there are opportunities to amend the development to address this harm. Where a potential way forward has been identified, this has been communicated to the Applicant.
- Report, item 758. PDF 371 KB
- Location plan, item 758. PDF 27 KB
- Existing - Site section and Block plan, item 758. PDF 55 KB
- Existing elevations and floor plan, item 758. PDF 58 KB
- Proposed - Floor plan, item 758. PDF 57 KB
- Proposed - Site section and Block plan, item 758. PDF 60 KB
- Proposed - elevations, item 758. PDF 60 KB
- Site visit photos, item 758. PDF 393 KB