22/01137/FUL - Part of Former Goods Yard at Station Approach, Leigh-on-Sea (Belfairs Ward)
Proposal: Install 33no. storage container units
Applicant: Mr Roy Pullinger
Agent: Miss Emily Weston of Fisher German LLP
That planning permission be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
01. The development hereby permitted shall begin no later than three years from the date of this decision.
Reason: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans: 130528-001C; 130528-002B; 130528-003D; 130528-004B
Reason: To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Development Plan.
03. Before any external lighting is installed in association with the use hereby permitted details of its location, design and specification shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The lighting shall be installed solely in accordance with the approved details.
Reason: In the interests of the amenities of the area and nearby residents, in accordance with Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Development Management Document (2015) and Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007).
04. The storage containers hereby approved shall remain at ground level and shall not be stacked.
Reason: To protect the amenities and environment of people in neighbouring residential properties, in accordance with the Core Strategy (2007) policies KP2, CP3 and CP4, the Development Management Document (2015) policies DM1 and DM3 and advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
05. The development hereby approved, for purposes falling within Use Class B8, shall only be occupied for storage purposes within Use Class B8 and shall not be used for any other purpose, including any change of use permitted under the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended) or in any provision equivalent to that Class in any statutory instrument revoking and re-enacting these Orders, with or without modification.
Reason: To ensure the development is implemented in accordance with the permission sought and to enable the Local Planning Authority to retain control of the use of the floorspace within the Use Class specified so that occupation of the premises does not prejudice amenity, in accordance with the National Planning Policy Framework (2021), Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Southend-on-Sea Core Strategy (2007), Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Southend-on-Sea Development Management Document (2015) and the advice contained within the Southend-on-Sea Design and Townscape Guide (2009).
06. The development hereby approved shall be operated in strict accordance with the measures to control noise and disturbance as outlined in the Management Plan (which was approved under the terms of discharge of condition 21/02370/AD). This includes restriction of operating hours to between 05:00-23:00 Mondays – Sundays inclusive and limiting HGV deliveries and collections to between 07:00-17:00 Monday – Friday only.
Reason: In order to protect the amenities of surrounding occupiers in accordance with Policies KP2 and CP4 of the Core Strategy (2007) and Policies DM1 and DM3 of the Development Management Document (2015)
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework. The detailed analysis is set out in a report on the application prepared by officers.
1. Please note that the development the subject of this application is liable for a charge under the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Regulations 2010 (as amended) and it is the responsibility of the landowner(s) to ensure they have fully complied with the requirements of these regulations. A failure to comply with the CIL regulations in full can result in a range of penalties. For full planning permissions, a CIL Liability Notice will be issued by the Council as soon as practicable following this decision notice. For general consents, you are required to submit a Notice of Chargeable Development (Form 5) before commencement; and upon receipt of this, the Council will issue a CIL Liability Notice including details of the chargeable amount and when this is payable. If you have not received a CIL Liability Notice by the time you intend to commence development it is imperative that you contact S106andCILAdministration@southend.gov.uk to avoid financial penalties for potential failure to comply with the CIL Regulations 2010 (as amended). If the chargeable development has already commenced, no exemption or relief can be sought in relation to the charge and a CIL Demand Notice will be issued requiring immediate payment. Further details on CIL matters can be found on the Planning Portal (www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200136/policy_and_legislation/
70/community_infrastructure_levy) or the Council's website (www.southend.gov.uk/cil).
2. You should be aware that in cases where damage occurs during construction works to the highway in implementing this permission that Council will seek to recover the cost of repairing public highways and footpaths from any party responsible for damaging them. This includes damage carried out when implementing a planning permission or other works to buildings or land. Please take care when carrying out works on or near the public highways and footpaths in the city.
3. Network Rail strongly recommends the developer contacts the Asset Protection Team on AngliaASPROLandClearances@networkrail.co.uk prior to any works commencing on site, and also to agree an Asset Protection Agreement with us to enable approval of detailed works. More information can also be obtained from our website https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/looking-after-the-railway/asset-protection-and-optimisation
- 3. 2. Station Approach 22-01137-FUL, item 277. PDF 2 MB
- Ex Site Plan, item 277. PDF 220 KB
- Location Plan, item 277. PDF 346 KB
- Pr Container Elevations, item 277. PDF 303 KB
- Pr Site Plan, item 277. PDF 324 KB
- Site Photos part1, item 277. PDF 2 MB
- Site Photos part2, item 277. PDF 2 MB