Adoption of SCAAP
- Meeting of Place Scrutiny Committee, Monday, 29th January, 2018 6.30 pm (Item 675.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 675.
- View the background to item 675.
Minute 620 (Report circulated separately - Agenda Item 8 refers)
Referred direct to the Scrutiny Committee
The Committee considered Minute 650 of Cabinet held on 18th January 2018, which had been referred direct by Cabinet to the Scrutiny Committee, together with the report of the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) which recommended that the Council adopts the Southend Central Area Action Plan (SCAAP). If adopted the SCAAP would form part of the Southend Development Plan, providing a set of up-to-date local planning policies for positively managing development and would be used to assess development proposals within the Southend Central Area, including the Town Centre and Central Seafront.
That the following recommendations of Cabinet be noted:
Note: This is a Council function
Executive Councillor: Councillor Flewitt
- Report of Deputy Chief Executive (Place), item 675. PDF 145 KB
- Appendix 1 - Inspectors Report Southend Central Area Action Plan, item 675. PDF 799 KB
- Appendix 2 - Southend Central Area Action Plan - Adoption version 2018, item 675. PDF 5 MB
- Appendix 3 - SCAAP Schedule of Modifications, item 675. PDF 894 KB
- Appendix 4 - SCAAP Schedule of Further Minor Modifications_Post Inspectors Report Jan 2018, item 675. PDF 184 KB
- Appendix 5 - SCAAP Policies Map for cabinet, item 675. PDF 6 MB
- Appendix 6 - Modifications Consultation Summary of Representations, item 675. PDF 803 KB
- Appendix 7 - SCAAP Equality Analysis, item 675. PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 8 - SCAAP Sustainability Apprasial Non-Tech Summary, item 675. PDF 183 KB
- Appendix 9 - Sustainability Appraisal Addendum SCAAP Modifications, item 675. PDF 478 KB