Southend-on-Sea Commissioning Framework
- Meeting of Policy and Resources Scrutiny Committee, Wednesday, 10th April, 2019 6.30 pm (Item 863.)
- View the background to item 863.
The Committee considered Minute 771 of Cabinet held on 12th March 2019, which had been called in to scrutiny, together with a report of the Strategic Director (Transformation) which sought approval to a Commissioning Framework to enable the Council to become an outcome-based commissioning organisation.
That the decisions of Cabinet, as set out in 1-4 below and the Recommendation as set out in 5 below, be noted:-
“1. That the definition of commissioning for Southend-on-Sea Borough Council be as follows:
“the process by which we understand the collective approach needed in order to deliver the Southend 2050 outcomes; and what we need to do with others to make them happen. In practice, this is not in-sourcing or out-sourcing but clearly ‘right-sourcing’.”
2. That the overarching principles of the Southend-on-Sea Commissioning Framework, be approved.
3. That, as part of a transitional period to an outcome based investment model, the Thematic Annual Procurement Plan 2019/20, be approved.
4. That the Market Position Statement for publication as set out in paragraph 5.7 and Appendix 4 to the report, be approved.
Note: This is an Executive Function save that Recommendation 5 above is a Council Function.
Cabinet Member: Cllr Lamb
- Report of Strategic Director (Transformation), item 863. PDF 112 KB
- Appendix 1- Thematic Annual Procurement Plan 2019-20 Introduction, item 863. PDF 393 KB
- Pride And Joy, item 863. PDF 500 KB
- Safe and Well, item 863. PDF 548 KB
- Active & Involved, item 863. PDF 433 KB
- Opportunity & Prosperity, item 863. PDF 443 KB
- Connected and Smart, item 863. PDF 463 KB
- Appendix 2- 1m+ Contract Value Procurements 2019-20, item 863. PDF 43 KB
- Appendix 3 Part 3-Schedule 3, item 863. PDF 70 KB
- Appendix 4 MPS, item 863. PDF 676 KB